Tuesday, June 16, 2009

This perfect child






I believe that the world looks at my sweet and beautiful Breianna as imperfect. She's clumsy, she's unable to talk, she has vision troubles, she needs assistance to climb stairs and walk from point A to point B, she's unable to properly hold a writing tool, she scribbles on everything, chews on inedible objects, has a fettish for ziploc bags, is unable to eat by mouth and the list could continue well on into next week. However, to me, her mom, she's perfect in every way. She is the lucky one because she doesn't understand this world for what it is, she understands only goodness, pureness and love. I believe that as a mom, it's my purpose to raise Holy children who love Christ and live their lives in a way that is good and Christ-like. I believe that I'm responsible for teaching my children the way in which they are to go. So, with Brei, it's pretty simple so far. She's the purest person I've ever met. Sometimes it's easy to get caught up in the "can't".....Breianna's life to this point has been full of goals for therapies, doctors and school IEP's. When writing goals there's always a list of what she can't do that we hope to help her eventually be able to do. I see what she can do and what she does do. She can bring people closer to Christ just by living her life. She has every reason in the world to be angry and bitter. She was dealt a raw deal when her life began. She's got a lot going on but instead of dwelling on it, I don't think she ever even thinks about it. She thinks only about waking up each day and living that 1 day to the very fullest. She packs it all in. She goes non-stop, sometimes without purpose, she's just living and teaching the people around her to do just that "live", like there's no tomorrow. Live like it's your last day so love those around you and show them Christ in all that you do.



Matthew 5:8 - Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God.

No comments:

Post a Comment