Friday, February 11, 2011

Brei's Blenderized Diet

Preparations are underway for a day of blending! Prior to this photo we have been to Whole Foods, Trader Joe's and Kroger Marketplace in Liberty TWP or Lebanon, boiled down 2 organic chickens, 15 beets, 15 sweet potatos, 2 boxes of quinoa, and 2 boxes of gluten free pasta. Hubby is busy cutting organic carrots and apples and Baylie is peeling bananas. I'd like to mention that Kroger had some really great deals this week so we scored the Almond milk for less than a buck with coupons and we have enough milk in the freezer for 2 more months of this recipe. We found Bossa Nova Acai marked down at the marketplace and I had $1.00 off coupons which made them 29 cents each! This was heavenly to me because the juice is a small container and we need 4 of them and it's usually $3.00 each! The quinoa and pasta are rarely ever on sale and they are around $4.00 a box. There were deals on fruits and veggies this week so overall I spent $220.00 on a months worth of her food which is about half of what we usually spend. I could just kiss Kroger Co. for saving us so much money on her food this month!

My treat to myself was this HealthMaster. I waited for it to go on sale and Kohl's and used my 30% coupon to get a great deal! I even got $30.00 in Kohl's Cash back and bought some shoes on a later date! Anyway, this is the 8th and final blender....hopefully.

Hubby always chops faster than I can blend so he takes a break to read the book that I started and apparently he's finishing. Schuyler's Monster is a book about a girl with Polymicrogyria. It's a different form than Brei's but hubby said it's still very insightful. He read it in a day. It will take me a week...maybe even two. :)


You can see in the background that he stays ahead of me throughout the day and continues to read. It takes 3 hours of blending but we are halfway there. You can see the jars piling up in the back. We really need to hurry because we need to pick the kids up from school and we have Cub Scouts right after. We are the den leaders so...well you know....duty calls!

This is 40 days worth of Blenderized Food. We have a special "gluten/casein free" freezer where we store all of her foods.


This is a days worth of food already dosed out. Hubby syringes everything out the night before so that the only thing we have to do in the morning before school is prep and dose out the meds. The school nurse is amazing so we send everything in a bag and she takes care of the rest.
By the way - we finished in time, made it to school on time to pick up the kids...gathered up our scouts along with scouts from Den 9 and rehearsed 2 plays for the banquet on Sunday. We had been in the kitchen for so long that on the way home from scouts we decided to NOT go home and instead go to #1 China Buffet to see our friend Billy Kong and eat some yummy grub. My kids were thankful...so was I. If you ever visit Wilmington Ohio you have to make a stop in to #1 China Buffet. It's simply the best.
If you are new to my blog you can read previous posts on Supplements to see her meds schedule and the GF/CF Recipe to see how we got to this blenderized diet routine.
Please feel free to leave comments with questions and I can go into more details.

3 comments:

  1. Really liked your website really got your point acrosss. Found it while going through google so wanted to tell you good job and you have a bookmark from me.


    Liquids diet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, this is really helpful. I was glad to see someone else draws up all the food into the bolus syringes in advance. Just using one and refilling it while feeding is a mess...and I am just feeding a grownup man recovering from cancer, who helps me do it!

    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi! looks awesome! i'm about to start the blenderized diet, too for my 22 month old son. what kind of freezer containers are those jars? I'm researching possible options right now. thank you! w r i t e j e n n i f e r @ g m a i l . c o m

    ReplyDelete