Saturday, September 26, 2009

My Husband




So I know most women think they have the most amazing husband in the world and it's wonderful to feel that way. To have someone that is your very best friend and that is your biggest supporter is very special and rare. I have this husband who gets me. I don't even have to talk and he understands and is there for me. It's hard when you are raising a special needs child, it's isolating and even lonely at times. I don't feel that way often because Barry picks up the slack in so many areas. He shares the responsibilities of the kids and even with his busy football schedule he finds times to give me breaks and allow me time for myself. So this post is dedicated to my main man.




When Barry and I first met he was very ROUGH around the edges. Without going into details I can explain it like Sandra D and Danny. I'm not really that innocent and pure but it's a good analogy. So, over the years I've understood that it wasn't that way at all really, the part about him being rough. I just didn't know him like I do now. He's gentle and kind and loving and devoted and more loyal than you could even imagine. He's funny, childish, "old" school, conservative and very dedicated to his family and strong values. He is a very hard worker for my family and I appreciate that he goes out everyday and makes a difference in the lives of so many college men. He has such a wonderful opportunity to be a positive influence on the future of America. I'm so proud of this man that I get the privilege of calling my husband. This gift that God gave to me of a friend that I get to share my life with. He cares so deeply and is passionate about influencing those around him and sharing his belief in Jesus Christ with them. In a world where men are seduced by the world and selfish desires, I have a man who has learned to give his life to Christ and realize that we have to let HIM be in control of our thoughts, feelings, and actions in order for us to be better people. I am so thankful for my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment